We operate two Cessna 172s. These airplanes have proved to be very reliable aircraft that we use on an almost daily basis in flight training, cross country and even international travel. Our airplanes are maintained by the National Flight Centre maintenance team.
EI-EYJ is our touring and general use plane.
- Model: F172N
- Built: 1978
- Engine: Lycoming O-320-H2AD
EI-DDC is primarily used for PPL Student training.
- Model: F172M
- Built: 1974
- Engine: Lycoming O-320-E2D
Over the years, the club has operated a number of other aircraft. If you have photos or information about any of our historical aircraft, please let us know!
- EI-STT - (built 1974) Cessna Skyhawk 172M, joined us when the Garda Flying Club amalgamated with our club, sold in 2016.
- EI-POD - (built 1977) Cessna Cardinal 177B, sold in 2009. The reg POD was in memory of a founding member Pat O' Donnell.
- EI-BCS - (built 1974) Socata Rallye100, the first plane the club owned, purchased for £10,000,